BenefitsSearch All Jobs
You can count on Food Lion every day!
At Food Lion, we nourish our neighbors and set them up for success in life. Our customers count on us to be there when they need us. And our associates know that we are here to care for you just like you care for our customers.
We provide health and well-being benefits for all part time and full time associates. You’ll find many opportunities for professional growth and continued education. Food Lion is a place of belonging where diversity, equity and inclusion are woven into everything we do. Our diverse Business Resource Groups are open to all associates, and they provide opportunity for you to contribute to our culture, community and company.
You can count on Food Lion to have health, financial and educational benefits to help you grow and develop as a person and as an associate.
There are many great benefits of working at Food Lion.
Benefits available to all associates:
- Vacation and Holiday Paid Time Off
- 8 Weeks Paid Parental Leave for Full Time associates after 12 months
- Fidelity 401(k) retirement plan with 5% match for associates 21+ and after 60 days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discount Program for travel, gym, experiences and more
- Health Advocate
- Smoking Cessation
- Flexible Schedule
- Tuition Reimbursement
Inclusive LGBTQ Benefits:
No matter who you are and what support you need, Food Lion cares about you and your family and is committed to providing resources that meet you where you are in every stage of life. That’s why, as part of our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion Food Lion provides benefits that support your personal well-being and empower you to bring your authentic self to work every day.
This is not an all-inclusive list of benefits:
- You can enroll a domestic partner, same-sex spouse, legally adopted children, your domestic partner’s children, and children for whom you or your domestic partner are the legal guardian in your medical plan.
- Food Lion also supports you in forming your family by providing adoption and fertility benefits. All eligible associates can access fertility benefits without a diagnosis of infertility, ensuring equitable and inclusive access to care.
- Prescription drug coverage for gender affirmation, hormone therapy, the prevention and treatment of HIV, and more, is included in your medical plan.
- Every day resource include:
- Five free, confidential counseling sessions per issue per year and will help you find a provider that matches your needs for additional support
- discounts on legal assistance
- Access to BetterHelp, a virtual therapy platform that provides you support via phone call, text message, video sessions, and live chat
- Connection to non-profit organizations and resources, such as the LGBT National Help Center, the National Center for Transgender Equality, and many more, to ensure you find resources that meet your individual needs
And many more benefits available to associates upon eligibility:
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Basic Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Supplemental Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Disability Insurance/Long and Short Term
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
- Hyatt Legal Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Identity Theft Coverage
Benefits available to associates who are eligible and enrolled in a Capital BlueCross Medical Plan:
- Capital BlueCross Virtual Care
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Except for Value Plan participants
- OptumRx Prescription Drug Plan
And these great programs to help you manage out-of-pocket costs and questions you have about health care management:
- Virtual Care
- Find a Doctor
- Capital Blue Nurse Line
- Capital BlueCross Case Management Program
- Capital BlueCross Condition Management Program